FEBRUARY 23RD, 2016
Ryanair Launches Glasgow Winter 2016 Schedule
Ryanair, Europe’s No 1 airline, today (23 Feb) launched its Glasgow winter 2016 schedule, with 4 new routes from Glasgow Intl to Alicante, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Malaga, and 3 new winter services from Glasgow Prestwick to Barcelona, Faro and Malta, which will deliver over 1.8m customers p.a. and support 1,400* jobs at Glasgow Intl and Glasgow Prestwick airports, as Ryanair grows its traffic by 17%.
Ryanair’s winter 2016 Glasgow schedule will deliver:
· 4 new routes to Alicante (3 wkly), Gran Canaria (1 wkly), Lanzarote (2 wkly) & Malaga (4 wkly)
· 11 routes including Derry, Dublin, London Stansted, Riga, Warsaw & Wroclaw
· More flights to Berlin (6 x wkly)
· 75 weekly flights
· 1.2m customers p.a. (+200,000)
· 900* “on-site” jobs p.a.
· 3 new winter services to Barcelona (3 wkly), Faro (2 wkly) & Malta (1 wkly)
· 9 routes in including: Alicante, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote & Malaga
· More flights to Tenerife (4 weekly)
· 20 weekly flights
· 680,000 customers p.a. (+75,000)
· 500* “on-site” jobs p.a.
Ryanair will continue to connect Glasgow with Europe’s major centres of business through high frequency services, including Dublin (3 daily) and London (4 daily), with more flights, better timings and the lowest fares, making Ryanair the ideal choice for business and leisure customers.
In Glasgow, Ryanair’s Chief Marketing Officer, Kenny Jacobs said:
“We are pleased to launch our Glasgow winter 2016 schedule, which includes 4 new routes from Glasgow International to Alicante, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Malaga, and 3 new winter services from Glasgow Prestwick to Barcelona, Faro and Malta, which will deliver over 1.8 million customers p.a. and support 1,400 jobs at Glasgow and Prestwick airports.
To celebrate the launch of our Glasgow winter 2016 schedule, we are releasing 100,000 seats for sale across our European network from just £19.99, which are available for booking until Thursday (25 Feb). Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.”