MARCH 20TH, 2017
Perth airport

Cathay announces A350 on PER-HKG service

Perth Airport has welcomed the announcement that Cathay Pacific will upgrade its daily Perth to Hong Kong service with an Airbus A350.

Commencing in late October, the A350 will replace the current A330-300 on the airline’s daily CX170/171 service, adding more than 17,000 seats to the route per year

“Cathay Pacific’s A350 offers passengers the latest in in-flight entertainment and a superior cabin experience” said Kevin Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Perth Airport.

“Last year, visitor arrivals from Hong Kong were up 12 per cent which saw over 79,000 passengers travelling on the route. Today’s announcement will certainly help to ensure these figures keep rising thanks to the high level of comfort enjoyed on the A350”, he continued.

“Cathay Pacific also has excellent connections throughout North Asia including mainland China, South Korea and Japan, as well as to North America offering Western Australians a number of easily accessible travel destinations,” said Mr Brown.

Currently the route is made up of 54 per cent of visitors coming from Hong Kong with the other 46 per cent is Western Australians travelling to Hong Kong.

“The introduction of the A350 on the Perth to Hong Kong route reaffirms Cathay Pacific’s commitment to Western Australia as a destination,” said Mr Brown.

“Visitors from Hong Kong injected $76 million into the Western Australian economy last year and Cathay Pacific provides a crucial link for this important market,” said Mr Brown.

International students, fresh produce, business and leisure tourism are all key export focus areas that Perth Airport is committed to supporting through enhancing existing services and establishing new and improved airline partnerships.